Tractor Fest at the Farmers’ Museum
Coming up this weekend at The Farmers’ Museum!
Saturday & Sunday, October 11–12 • 10:00 am–5:00 pm
Learn about the world of tractors and all the activities they powered on New York farms. See classic tractors and new tractors, small engines, and other machinery, representing the advance of farming technology.
- Over 60 classic tractors.
- See tractors at work thrashing and baling
- An exhibit of antique milking machines
- Wagon rides pulled by the Ford Golden Jubilee tractor
- At 2:00 pm both days: Kiddie pedal-tractor contest for kids age 7 and younger, with prizes for all participants
- Tractor parade (starts at 9:00 am on Sunday)
- Activities for children presented by Hanford Mills will show them the power of steam.
- Activities that promote safety presented by the New York Center for Agricultural Medicine and Health.
- NYCAMH offers free blood pressure screenings to the public.
- New this year: Enjoy tastings of beer brewed locally by Council Rock Brewery from hops grown at The Farmers’ Museum.
Take advantage of all the delightful activities that happen every day at The Farmers’ Museum:
- Firing the brick oven for bread baking
- Roasting on the open hearth
- Try your hand at the Liberty Press
- Take in the Mighty Military Band Organ concert
- Processing flax fiber to yarn
- Try rope making
- Milk the cow
- Play traditional games
- And all the activities in the historic buildings, too numerous to mention!
Tractor Owners: Learn about showing your classic tractor at Tractor Fest. Or contact Mary Kuhn at (607) 547-1423.
Crossroads Cafe: Fuel up from a choice of barbeque pulled pork, half-pound burgers, sausage-pepper-onions, apple cider doughnuts, and fresh apple-cider slushies.
Todd’s General Store: Original and reproduction 19th-century products such as ceramics, glassware, band boxes, tinware, brooms, candles, soaps, candies, toys and games.
The Farmers’ Museum Store: Merchandise based on the history and culture of New York State and rural America. Handcrafted items produced by our highly skilled staff and local artisans are featured. A section containing toys, games, books and crafts will please children of all ages!
Admission to Tractor Fest is included with paid museum admission: $12 adults (13+), $10.50 seniors (65+), $6 children (7-12). Children age 6 and younger are free, as well as members of the New York State Historical Association.